Current Status

-Pimping The Great White Destroyer v1.3b-
-Red Ice-
-"Death Pants"-

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bullcrap of a different sort.

Not the kind with videos, no. This week my pc was acting wonky, chugging when it shouldn't have, plus the internet connection had turned south. I'm talking 1 to 2 kb per second south. The problem turned out to be several things at once! Our wireless router was biting the dust, the internet lines out here are being upgraded, and my compy had a few trojans on it. So after much teeth gnashing, some phone calls, some virus scans, it's all back to normal now.

So the rest of the week I spent prototyping an rpg/puzzle, or puzzle/rpg, whatever. More details on that later.

Also, I picked up one of the Sega Genesis collections through steam, there were a few games from the Shining series in there that I never got to play. Focusing on Shining in the Darkness at the moment. I still find that type of thing enjoyable, my only real gripe is that the labyrinth can spit monsters at you every step sometimes. Ha, this old stuff doesn't hold your hand either! No map, no mercy, few details about your quest. Who knew I had to clobber a giant effing crab(who will stomp your ass flat) to progress the story!? I actually looked that up to make sure, now that I have a grasp of how the game is set up, I'll hoof it from here. I managed to memorize the layout of the first floor, but some of the others I take the "lets go left/right at every turn" approach. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment